With summer in full-swing, it seems everyone is heading off for week-long vacations or extended weekend trips. Whether you're driving somewhere close by or jet-setting off to a more exotic destination, you'll need to pack the appropriate beauty tools to make sure you feel like your best self. For some, that means a toothbrush and some floss, but others of us require a slightly larger array.
No one wants to be seen as the high-maintenance friend that can't leave the house without hair products and tools, and a full face of makeup. But when everyone in your party heads off to that cute bistro for champagne brunch, you'll want to look a little more polished than you just did on a 5 mile hike. Never fear, Blush Beauty Bar has just the products that will take up a tiny amount of space in your bag, and get you out the door in 15 minutes, but give you that "I-can't-see-any-makeup-but-she-looks-so-good" look.
Let's start with foundation, a little something to even things up and cover any problem areas, but with a completely natural look. Choose from these products, or pick two, they're small!
1. RMS Beauty UnCover Up - these tiny pots look insubstantial, but inside is a base that is filled with skin-friendly oils and enough mineral pigment to cover even the most stubborn of dark circles. Apply with your fingers as a concealer, or use their new Skin2Skin foundation brush to wear as a foundation.
2. NUDESTIX Concealer Pencil - these soft, blendable pencils are also ideal for covering small spots, and in a pinch can be used on the entire face by applying a few stripes with the side of the pencil, and blending with fingers, brush or sponge. If your skin is on the darker end of the spectrum, this might be a better choice for you, as they are available in darker than the RMS UnCover Up.
3. Susan Posnick ColorFlo Mineral Foundation - this mineral foundation comes in a handy brush dispenser, so application is super-easy and requires no extra tools. A light dusting will give you sheer coverage, while more layers can be added to create more coverage. Best of all, the Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide in this mineral formula will protect your skin from sun damage. So even if you aren't looking for coverage, this is still an excellent choice for outdoor jaunts!
If you want to be prepared for anything, taking both a ColorFlo and one of the creamier products will give you the flexibility to fine-tune your coverage completely, and still take up the tiniest amount of space in your bag, while protecting you from sun damage.
For lips and cheeks, blushbeautybar.com is fairly bursting with Multi-Taskers that will color both, you simply need to select your favorite formula or color. Consider these:
1. stila Convertible Color - in a pretty little compact, Convertible Colors have been a favorite of stila girls everywhere for over a decade. Just tap a finger in the product, then on to the apples of your cheeks or lips, blend and voila!
2. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek - with more intense shades than the Convertible Colors, Lip2Cheeks operate in much the same way, but at cooler temperatures may require a little warming with fingertip before you get the color pay-off you desire.
3. NUDESTIX Lip/Cheek Pencil - if you like to apply a more precise lip, the Lip/Cheek Pencils may be just what you need. They are creamy, but can be sharpened to a point that makes them easy to line and then fill in the lips. Bonus, each pencil comes with a sharpener, and a little tin that can hold several more pencils and a mascara!
Eyes are a matter of preference. If you feel you must do a little bit of contouring, a small palette like the LORAC Pocket Pro or Pocket Pro 2 palette might be ideal. Featuring three shades in one slim and lightweight palette, there is a base, contour/lid and crease/liner shade in each one! If you are more of a "one and done" girl, check out some of theBalm's multi-tasking shades like Bahama Mama or Cindy-Lou Manizer. They make beautiful shadow shades, and can do double-duty as a bronzer or highlighter.
If you go the singles route and need a liner, you're in luck, none of the liners take up much space. Pick a nice netural, but soft shade, like stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Sepia or Sienna, and work it into the base of your lashes for a subtle look.
Mascara can be a dead-giveaway that you're wearing makeup, so we say...don't wear any! blinc Black Mascara Primer will give your lashes the boost you're looking for, with the added bonus of encouraging lash growth. Who knows, you might return from this little trip with longer, thicker lashes!
Touch up those brows with one of your shadows, or bring along something easy-peasy like Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil.
Now just add a little skin care, toothpaste, sunscreen and brushes, and you're ready to go! Don't forget to snap a selfie of your no-makeup makeup look or your super-tiny but powerful makeup bag, and tag us on instagram at @blushbeautypdx!